In 1924, the church built the present sanctuary.
The Ladies Aid Society, now known as the WMU, provided much of the money to build the sanctuary. The members made quilts for sale, sold pies and ice cream, and cooked meals to sell.
Sadly, the church faced serious financial distress during the depression. The church could not meet its payments on the sanctuary and had to sell its first parsonage. Members had to sign notes to provide financial assurance for church pews and even coal for the furnace. At least one church member offered to sell his home to donate money to save the building. Many members gave sacrificially when money was very scarce.